My recent project requires me to research on how to instil the love of reading in kids. A book that I've just read is Read to me: raising kids who love to read . The author generally outlines the profile of each age group and recommended books to facilitate the joy of reading at their level. Other good reads include They're never too young for books: A guide to Children's Books for Ages 1 to 8 and Effective Reading Strategies.
I'm sold on the benefits reading early has on a child's mental and emotional development. And it is important that the whole family is sold on this idea such that reading becomes a central part of everyday family life.
Doing this project makes me wonder... will I be a good mother and educator to my future kids? Subhan Allah, motherhood is such a fulfilling vocation and I pray that I will have the opportunity to experience it, insya Allah.
Friday, May 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment